Based in Auckland’s industrial heartland, Penrose, Design Production was established in 1997 by brothers Ryan and Cameron McAuley.
Now a leader in architectural, industrial and product fabrication, Design Production credits this growth to continued investment in its people, its processes, its plant and equipment.
Throughout our history, we’ve sought to understand our customer requirements and their business objectives. This customer-centred approach, combined with our expertise in design and fabrication, has produced a range of long-term partnerships and measurable financial outcomes for our clients.
The relationships we've built with our client network are the key to our success and we take considerable pride in our reputation for professionalism, top-quality workmanship, attention to detail and friendly, accommodating service.
Design Production – a timeline
- 1998 – First bespoke, handcrafted furniture fabricated and installed in the hospitality sector
- 1999 – First architectural contract completed in Auckland’s construction sector
- 2003 – First major export order completed. Design Production now has exported work from New York to Mumbai
- 2004 – Up-scaled our premises and continued to improve and grow capacity
- 2005 – First CNC plant introduced. Design Production now offers a full-range of CNC services, from cutting and folding to robotic saws and routers
- 2006 – First major architectural contract completed outside the Auckland region
- 2007 – First apprenticeships offered through industry specific training
- 2009 – First full-specification ‘design and build’ structural and architectural contract completed
- 2010 – Began NZQA training for all staff in Competitive Manufacturing
- 2011 – Purchased a key competitor, Pro Stainless, and integrated its production capacity into our Penrose operation
- 2012 – First fully automated production saw (the first of its type in New Zealand) purchased and incorporated into our Penrose facility